Whether you're planning a training session, presenting data to coworkers, making your case to potential new clients, or speaking at a conference, you'll face many situations where you need to be able to put together and deliver professional and engaging business presentations. A focused multimedia presentation created with attention to detail and a captivating design could set you apart and effectively convey the important information needed by key stakeholders.
The following presentation resources have been put together to help you learn about the basics of creating top-notch business presentations and giving a smooth, practiced delivery to set yourself up for success.
- Capture Your Audience With an Effective PowerPoint Presentation: Effective presentations use a simple template with contrasting colors for clarity and concision.
- Making PowerPoint Charts: Follow these simple instructions to add an organizational chart to your PowerPoint presentation.
- Tips for Designing Better PowerPoint Presentations: Create a slideshow that will accentuate the oral presentation without distracting from it.
- Elements of a Great Presentation: Avoid using too many slides with bullet points to give a great presentation that will capture your audience's attention. This is especially important for those in the beginning stages of forming a business, as there may be a great deal of information to be conveyed.
- A Guide to Public Speaking and Presenting: Conceptualize the three most important points you want to communicate to your audience and explain them in detail.
- How to Develop Strong Presentation Skills: The more often you give presentations, the more capable and confident you will become in your delivery.
- Ten Strategies for Delivering a Great Presentation: Visualizing your audience and practicing your presentation will improve your delivery skills.
- Ten Tips for Presenting Like a Pro: Once you've stated key information in an interesting way, leave time for questions from the audience.
- Guidelines for Ethical Video Editing: Gaining customers for your business is important, but not at the expense of ethics. Follow ethical principles when editing videos for a presentation.
- Top Tools to Edit Videos From Your Smartphone: Check out these free video editing apps that you can download to your smartphone to edit videos on the go.
- Video Editing Basics and Tips: High-quality audio should match the vivid imagery. Learn the right video editing terminology and master the basics.
- Common Video Editing Mistakes: Is the audio choppy? Are the transitions incomplete? Here's how you can fix your video.
- Top Five Video Editing Tips to Boost Sales: Take advantage of natural light during the "golden hour" and use kinetic typography at the beginning of the clip.
- Six Tools to Create Your Own Infographics: Here's some information about online programs you can use to create infographics for your presentation. Infographics can be an effective way of conveying important information, including company setup and details about your business formation and structure.
- How to Do Research for an Infographic: Examine the background information carefully to create an accurate infographic.
- Creating an Infographic Marketing Strategy: Infographics can be the cornerstone of your marketing plan.
- Hallmarks of Good Infographics: Good infographics convey verifiable claims in a compelling way.
- What Makes for Successful Infographics? Check out this brief list of examples of successful infographics for some inspiration.
- How to Design an Infographic From Start to Finish: Combine well-researched information with a stylish motif that integrates suitable colors for the best infographic.
- How to Choose the Right Stock Photos: Your selection of stock images will add or detract from your brand's credibility, so choose photos that match the core message you want to send to potential clients.
- Familiarizing Yourself With Stock Images: Stock photos are images that have already been created and are ready for use, either free of charge or for a small royalty fee.
- When Can You Use Stock Images? You can use stock photos when you have received permission from the license owner and give credit as requested.
- Choosing Stock Images With Impact: Colorful images with striking subjects have the greatest impact on audiences.
- Five Characteristics of Successful Stock Photos: Successful stock images are unique and credible.
- Formatting Text for Dyslexic Readers: Using large sans-serif fonts may seem less professional, but it could help members of your audience with dyslexia.
- Choosing Typefaces: Colorful and distinctive fonts can draw attention to headings, while body text should be uniform and readable.
- How to Replace Fonts in a Presentation: Follow these instructions to adjust the fonts in your PowerPoint presentation.
- What Are the Best Fonts for Presentation Slides? Experts suggest using no more than two complementary, mono-spaced fonts.
- Pairing Type With Images for Accessibility: Presentation fonts should be readable for all audience members.
- The Theory Behind Choosing Color Schemes: Learn the difference between complementary and analogous colors.
- Color Schemes for Maps and Scientific Graphics: Variations of rainbow palettes can be useful for effectively conveying scientific data.
- The Benefits of Contrasting Colors: Contrasting colors facilitate perception for audience members with visual processing disorders.
- What Colors Are Best for Presentations? Use yellow to stimulate the memory and green to encourage discussion.
- Tips for Choosing Colors for Business Presentations: Check out these useful tips for designing business presentations with color in mind.