Whether you're planning a training session, presenting data to coworkers, making your case to potential new clients, or speaking at a conference, you'll face many situations where you need to be able to put together and deliver a professional and engaging business presentation. A focused presentation created with attention to detail and a captivating design could set you apart from your competition. Learn about the basics of creating a top-notch presentation and giving a smooth, practiced delivery to set yourself up for success.
- Capture Your Audience With an Effective PowerPoint Presentation: Effective presentations use a simple template with contrasting colors for clarity and concision.
- Making PowerPoint Charts: Follow these simple instructions to add an organizational chart to your PowerPoint presentation.
- Tips for Designing Better PowerPoint Presentations: Create a slideshow that will accentuate the oral presentation without distracting from it.
- Elements of a Great Presentation: Avoid using too many slides with bullet points to give a great presentation that will capture your audience's attention.
- A Guide to Public Speaking and Presenting: Conceptualize the three most important points you want to communicate to your audience and explain them in detail.
- How to Develop Strong Presentation Skills: The more often you give presentations, the more capable and confident you will become in your delivery.
- Ten Strategies for Delivering a Great Presentation: Visualizing your audience and practicing your presentation will improve your delivery skills.
- Ten Tips for Presenting Like a Pro: Once you've stated key information in an interesting way, leave time for questions from the audience.
- Guidelines for Ethical Video Editing: Gaining customers for your business is important, but not at the expense of ethics. Follow ethical principles when editing videos for a presentation.
- Top Tools to Edit Videos From Your Smartphone: Check out these free video editing apps that you can download to your smartphone to edit videos on the go.
- Video Editing Basics and Tips: High-quality audio should match the vivid imagery. Learn the right video editing terminology and master the basics.
- Video Editing Tips for Beginners: Use B-rolls and split edits to cover up any errors you might make.
- Common Video Editing Mistakes: Is the audio choppy? Are the transitions incomplete? Here's how you can fix your video.
- Top Five Video Editing Tips to Boost Sales: Take advantage of natural light during the "golden hour" and use kinetic typography at the beginning of the clip.
- Six Tools to Create Your Own Infographics: Here's some information about online programs you can use to create infographics for your presentation.
- How to Do Research for an Infographic: Examine the background information carefully to create an accurate infographic.
- Creating an Infographic Marketing Strategy: Infographics can be the cornerstone of your marketing plan.
- Hallmarks of Good Infographics: Good infographics convey verifiable claims in a compelling way.
- What Makes for Successful Infographics? Check out this brief list of examples of successful infographics for some inspiration.
- How to Design an Infographic From Start to Finish: Combine well-researched information with a stylish motif that integrates suitable colors for the best infographic.
- How to Choose the Right Stock Photos: Your selection of stock images will add or detract from your brand's credibility, so choose photos that match the core message you want to send to potential clients.
- Familiarizing Yourself With Stock Images: Stock photos are images that have already been created and are ready for use, either free of charge or for a small royalty fee.
- When Can You Use Stock Images? You can use stock photos when you have received permission from the license owner and give credit as requested.
- Choosing Stock Images With Impact: Colorful images with striking subjects have the greatest impact on audiences.
- Five Characteristics of Successful Stock Photos: Successful stock images are unique and credible.
- Formatting Text for Dyslexic Readers: Using large sans-serif fonts may seem less professional, but it could help members of your audience with dyslexia.
- Choosing Typefaces: Colorful and distinctive fonts can draw attention to headings, while body text should be uniform and readable.
- How to Replace Fonts in a Presentation: Follow these instructions to adjust the fonts in your PowerPoint presentation.
- What Are the Best Fonts for Presentation Slides? Experts suggest using no more than two complementary, mono-spaced fonts.
- Pairing Type With Images for Accessibility: Presentation fonts should be readable for all audience members.
- The Theory Behind Choosing Color Schemes: Learn the difference between complementary and analogous colors.
- Color Schemes for Maps and Scientific Graphics: Variations of rainbow palettes can be useful for effectively conveying scientific data.
- The Benefits of Contrasting Colors: Contrasting colors facilitate perception for audience members with visual processing disorders.
- Get Into Your Customers' Minds: The Psychology of Colors: Certain colors have a psychological effect on the viewer.
- What Colors Are Best for Presentations? Use yellow to stimulate the memory and green to encourage discussion.
- Tips for Choosing Colors for Business Presentations: Check out these useful tips for designing business presentations with color in mind.